Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Post-Halloween Weekend Recap


Of all the people I saw in disguise last weekend, I did not see the projected-to-be most popular guise of Michael Jackson.  Not a one!  No Oxi Clean guys either--I guess that wasn't expected to be quite as common as MJ was expected to be.  No Farrah Fawcett, either, but how many of you expected to see that one?   As far as living celeberities go, the Octomom and Kanye West were nowhere to be seen in my neck of the woods.  One Flava-Flav showed up, however.  Somehow I did not see that one coming. I guess I don't live in the right part of the country to see these costumes.  They must have had some better ideas where I live.  I could try Googling images of them, but it would have been much more fun to see one in person.  I can assure you I'd be snapping them with my camera (with the hope they would permit doing so, of course).  

I kind of wish that I were a guy so that I could have gone as the Oxi Clean guy.  Having not seen anyone in this guise would have made me the only one in my neighborhood.  And if I had thought hard enough, I could have tried going as a bottle or jar of Oxi Clean, Kaboom or Orange Glo.  All those were promoted by Billy Mays, though most everyone remembers him as the Oxi Clean guy.  

Some thought my Pumpkin Spice was a relative of the Jetsons or the Flintstones.  One even thought I was Betty Rubble, though the outfit looked nothing like her!  Someone even guessed a Doodle Bop. It was not a common disguise, so I was sure most people would question it.   Though some did get the pumpkin part. 


No comments: