Below are the details copied from the Bookworm's blog:
Don't go far off, not even for a day, because --because -- I don't know how to say it: a day is longand I will be waiting for you, as in an empty stationwhen the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.Don't leave me, even for an hour, becausethen the little drops of anguish will all run together,the smoke that roams looking for a home will driftinto me, choking my lost heart.-Pablo Neruda
I started the Romance Reading Challenge in 2008 and I always enjoy hosting it.
I want to say a big "thank you!" to all who join, it's a nice thing to see this challenge generate interest and inspire people to read a little romance.
Without further ado, here are the rules:
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 through December 31st, 2013.
2. "Romance" isn't limited to steamy Harlequin novels. There is a huge selection of books in this category such as contemporary romance, historical romance, romantic suspense and paranormal romance to name a few. As long as the story has romantic love between the two main characters your selection will fit this challenge. The novels do not need to have a happy ending either, there can also be unrequited love.
3. Choose at least 5 novels to read. You can change your choices at any time. Crossovers between other challenges are fine.
All kinds of books count, ebooks and audiobooks too.
If you are looking for suggested reading see Best Romance Novels Today or Romance Novels on Wiki or check out Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Jane Austen, Nicholas Sparks and Nora Roberts, to name a few.
4. Read your book selections at your own pace in 2012 then post the link to your review(s). You don't need to have a blog, posting your reviews on Goodreads and LibraryThing counts as well. If you do have a blog and are joining us, please consider linking back to this post either with text or with one of the buttons provided below to help spread the word.
I hope you will join us! Happy reading :)
This year, I am hosting two giveaways for those who participate. One winner will be announced on February 14th, Valentines Day. The other winner will be announced on June 1st.
The giveaway prize is:
A $15.00 U.S. Amazon Gift E-Card or a $15.00 U.S. Barnes & Noble Gift E-Card.
To enter to win:
1. Sign up for the Romance Reading Challenge 2013.
2. You have to have a minimum of one book read and reviewed for the challenge. Everyone who joins the RRC this year and has at least one book read and reviewed for the challenge will be eligible to win a gift card. Each book read and reviewed for the RRC gives you one entry. So the more books you read and review, the more times your name will go in the draw. I'll use Mr. Linky to keep track of books reviewed so make sure to link your reviews there.
3. Leave me a comment on this post with your valid email addy. Let me know which gift e-card you prefer.
4. I will announce the winning name at my blog on the two dates I mentioned. I will also notify the winner via email. If I don't hear back from you within 48 hours, the first runner up will be chosen.
Good luck and happy reading! Contest is open worldwide.