I'll be participating in this one again, and will try to reach at least Level 3. Sign ups are here.
Welcome to the 2017 What an Animal Reading Challenge. I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page. I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again. I hope you will join me.
The challenge will begin on January 1, 2017 and end on December 31, 2017.
The rules are really simple. I am changing it up a little bit, though...read on...
1. Any book read for this challenge has to have an animal that plays a major role in the book (which could be fiction or non-fiction.) It also counts if a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like). In the past, books would qualify if an animal is in the title or on the cover, but that alone no longer qualifies. This challenge is for books related to animals and just because they are in the title or on the cover, doesn't mean it's about an animal.
These are the levels.
Level 1 - Read 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13-20
Level 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
3. Challenge runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
4. Books can be fiction or nonfiction.
5. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
6. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime (assuming you made a list to begin with).
7. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
8. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. Or you can sign up by joining my group on Goodreads for this challenge by clicking here.
9. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
10. To sign up, use the Mister Linky below. There will be links for reviews and wrap posts later.
That's it! Enjoy and have fun!
Here is what I am reading:
- Black Beauty--Anna Sewell
- Owl Moon--Jane Yolen
- The Field of the Dogs--Katherine Paterson
- The Green Dog--Suzanne Fisher Staples
- Olivia--Ian Falconer
- Puss In Cowboy Boots--Jan Huling
- Beast--Donna Jo Napoli
- The Jolly Barnyard--Annie North Bedford
- Bad Dog (A Love Story)--Martin Kihn
- Not Your Typical Dragon--Dan El-Bar
- What Pet Should I Get?--Dr. Seuss
- The Goose Girl--Shannon Hale
- Crenshaw--Katherine Applegate
- Bob and Flo Play Hide-and-Seek--Rebecca Ashdown
- Make Way For Ducklings--Robert McCluskey
- Easter Bunny Murder--Leslie Meier
- The Cat Who Had 14 Tales--Lilian Jackson Braun
- Chasing Stanley--Deirdre Martin
- Night of the Ninth Dragon--Mary Pope Osborne
- The Art of Racing in the Rain--Garth Stein