Many years ago I found a cat mystery reading challenge on one of the blogs. Being both a cat and mystery lover, it was the *purrfect* reading challenge for me but then it suddenly disappeared and I never saw one again. So, I decided to create my own. It's very simple, this challenge is all about reading mysteries that have cats as the main characters. Here are a few examples...
Joe Grey Mysteries by Shirley Rousseau Murphy
Midnight Louie Mysteries by Carole Nelson Douglas
A Cats In Trouble Mysteries by Leann Sweeney
A Klepto Cat Mysteries by Patricia Fry
Black Cat Bookshop Mysteries by Ali Brandon
Cat Who Mysteries by Lilian Jackson Braun
Cat in the Stacks Mysteries by Miranda James
Bookmobile Cat Mysteries by Laurie Cass
Theda Krakow Mysteries by Clea Simon
Black Cat Mysteries by Elaine Faber
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are dozens more. You can find a list here, but you aren't limited to just these choices. If you find others, that's great.
Here are the levels you can choose from:
Purring - Read 1-10 cat mysteries
Kneading - Read 11-20 cat mysteries
Meowing - Read 21-30 cat mysteries
Catnip - Go crazy and read at least 31 and go as high as you'd like - the sky is the limit!
The challenge will begin on January 1, 2017 and end on December 31, 2017.
The rules are really simple.
1. Any book read for this challenge has to be a mystery and have a cat that plays a major role in the book.
2. You may make a list of books at the beginning of the challenge or you can just list them as you find them.
3. Book titles may be swapped out at anytime for those who make a list in advance.
4. Crossovers with other challenges are permitted and encouraged.
5. You don't have to have a blog or write a review, but you can if you want to. If you don't have a blog, just post in the comment section that you'd like to join. You can post your books in there. I also have a Cat Mystery group on Goodreads and you can join over there. The link is https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/188179-cat-mystery-readers
6. Books can be in any format of your choice (print, audio, ebooks)
Here is what I am reading: