Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Words For Wednesday Post

This sounds like fun, so I'm going to give it a try. It's a good idea to help me with my writing :)

From Elephant's Child's blog: Note: This blogger lives in Australia, so it was already Wednesday when it was still Tuesday in the United States.



This meme was started by Delores a long time ago.  Week after week she provided us with challenging prompts.    Computer issues led her to bow out for a while and I took over.  When Delores' absence looked like being more permanent I begged and cajoled for other volunteers to share providing the prompts, and Words for Wednesday became a movable feast.  Delores discontinued her blog for a while, but she has returned, and we are grateful..  

Essentially the aim is to encourage us to write.  Each week we are given a choice of prompts: which can be words, phrases, music or an image.   What we do with those prompts is up to us:  a short story, prose, a song, a poem, or treating them with ignore...  We can use some or all of the prompts.  I have purloined borrowed an image which Lee gave us last month.  Thanks Lee.

Some of us put our creation in comments on the post, and others post on their own blog.  I would really like it if as many people as possible joined into this fun meme.  If you are posting on your own blog - let me know so that I, and other participants, can come along and applaud.

This month the prompts I will be providing the prompts here.  The prompts will be here next month too, but will be provided by 
Margaret Adamson and her friend Sue Fulton.  Her prompts will include photographs taken by her friend Bill.  

As always, I am hunting for more people to challenge us.  Delores has volunteered, and I have an extra month of prompts from Margaret et al, but would like more.  If you are able to play please let me know in the comments (including which month would suit you best).

This week's prompts are:
  1. watch
  2.  limit
  3.  rush
  4.  luminous
  5. dashing 
  6. quack
AND/OR
  1.  print
  2.  cactus
  3.  creep
  4.  shake
  5.  haircut 
  6. shadow

Here is what I have come up with:

In the shadow of the luminous lake, the duck went quack and was dashing
around the water. People were creeping in a rush to watch the water shake
near the cactus along the lake. A man with a shaggy haircut left
a print of his feet in the ground while he and the others were in the rush.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Woo Hoo. What fun. I would love to be beside that lake....
Thank you so much for joining us.