The story behind it:
So many years ago, (maybe five) I was invited to join a summer reading challenge, which I loved so much that I was always looking for someone to do it again or something like it.
When I didn't find any I decided to look into it and discovered that the original blog that first hosted it no longer exists, like click on the link and get weird car ads, non-existing. I thought maybe the blogger (her name is Kate) just decided to change blogs but nope. If she did I didn't find any trails leading to her.
I loved doing this challenge so much that I hope she won't mind me taking it and giving it another home.
And inviting others to join in.
This is the third year doing it so I'm sure it's totally alright.
The challenge: Read a book for every category.
The categories are:
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend: Manic--Terri Cheney
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year: Wicked Lovely--Melissa Marr
3. One Book That Is Being Turned Into A Movie: The Glass Castle--Jeannette Walls
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List: All the Little Live Things--Wallace Stegner
5. One Book Guaranteed to Make You Smile or Cry: One Plus One--JoJo Moyes
6. One Classic: Candide-Voltaire
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished: Stardust and Shadows--Janelle Taylor
8. One New Release: Who's That Girl--Blair Thornburgh
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre: Happier at Home--Gretchen Rubin
10. One Chunkster (400+ Pages): Crime and Punishment--Fyodor Dostoevsky
BONUS: One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.*:
Challenge completed on August 26