Friday, September 15, 2017

My Idea for Art Class

Here is the idea that I mentioned on the blog two days ago. It got postponed until Monday because cooking took extra long on Wednesday this week, and most of the people didn't know what they wanted to do for the art idea, giving them more time to decide what to do.

Over the summer we did this art idea presented by another client at behavioral health. We made mermaids from toilet-paper tubes with yarn hair and fins made from child-size skirts. Here is the one I made:



My idea was then to use the same idea for Halloween, making different characters associated with Halloween or those who one might dress up as. This includes witches, scarecrows, vampires, princesses, pirates, cowboys, clowns and such. As an example, I made the scarecrow pictured below:



The pants are made from a pair of jeans with a broken zipper as a way to upcycle the jeans. I brought some pieces of the jeans to work the other day for others to use for  a scarecrow or cowboy, or other character that has jeans.

I now want to make a princess next week, since about two others have already expressed wanting to make a scarecrow, and since I've already done one at home as an experiment.

Pictures to come.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

What fun. Love your scarecrow and am looking forward to seeing more.