The Graphic Novels and Manga reading Challenge is now in its 11th year and has been moved to a group on Facebook.
What counts: graphic novels, collected trade editions, manga, comic strip collections, comic books or combinations of text and bubbles all in the same book. In print or digital. Anything else you feel is suitable. My personal criteria are if it has either frames OR speech bubbles it counts. I also feel many picture books and zines fall under this criteria as well. I'm not going to be the comic police but if you are unsure, ask me in the comments anytime.
You must write a review and link to it for it to count towards the challenge. Reviews may be posted on your blog or goodreads or similar places. Several reviews may be gathered and posted in one link on your blog, but each book must be linked here to count. Do not post your actual review here on the group.
Here is how the Challenge plays out:
runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2018
Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)
Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)
Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)
Golden Age: read and review 104 books during the year (Are you addicted? 2 books a week!)
- Sunny Side Up--Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm
- Breaking Up--Aimee Friedman
- Roller Girl--Victoria Jamieson
- ChocoMimi, Volume 1--Konami Sonada
- Zita the Spacegirl--Ben Hatke
- Disney Manga; Tangled--Shiori Kananki
- Sisters--Raina Telgemeier
- The Girl From the Other Side--Nagabe
- The Ancient Magnus' Bride, Vol 1--Kore Yamasaki
- A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge--Josh Neufeld
- Rapunzel's Revenge--Shannon and Dean Hale
- Swing It, Sunny!--Jennifer L. Holm & Matthew Holm
Challenge completed on December 1