Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Writer’s Anxiety Bingo

Found this on this site:



I still haven't faced or even found an editor or an agent, but I know that either of them saying noir always a possibility. I've only faced a handful of the things listed, but just reading what is on the board is enough to make me feel "Writer's Anxiety." 

Finding a title for the diary I have been working on has been hard, though I have come up with titles for each individual entry. It took me a while before I came up with a title for the memoir, but before then, I had already come up with titles for each chapter. 

I had wondered if writing a memoir was still a good idea when I first came up with the idea more than two years ago, and for a while I wondered if the genre was in fact still viable. Also, I felt I what I wanted to say was too similar to what had already been written. Now I'm waiting to see if any new books come out on the same topic. But does that mean I can't eventually publish mine? I now know that that is not true.

Deciding when to come to "the end" on my other work in progress has been a hard one. 

And this is just scratching the surface of how I get writer's anxiety. How many of these do you have?

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry to hear that as well as the work anxiety dogs writer's path.

Sandra Cox said...

I could blackout that board:)