Sunday, April 15, 2018

Fun in the Sun Summer Reading Challenge

This one begins on May 1 and runs until the end of August.


Something happens to me when it starts getting hot out. Sure I want to slip on my flip flops, go swimming, and drink some iced lattes but what I really get in the mood for is reading a certain genre of books that are about fun in the sun! So I'm bringing back my seasonal challenge specifically for these books.

 The Rules:

  •  This short term challenge begins May 1, 2018 and ends Aug 31, 2018. 
  •  You may sign up anytime during the challenge. 
  •  I won't be creating different levels.
  • Read as little or as many books as you want. Even if you just read one book I want you to participate!
  • You may include books of any format including traditional books, ebooks, or audiobooks.
  •  Books may be any genre but must have a fun in the sun theme, a cover with these elements on it, or something in the title that is about the theme. This includes everything associated with spring and summer such as weddings, swimming pools, the ocean, beaches, lounge chairs, flowers, sunglasses, palm trees, vacations, the sun, a garden, rain, thunderstorms, heat and so on. 
  • If you need ideas visit my Pinterest boards for spring books and summer books. I will also be compiling a list of summer book releases here on the blog. Please check back here for the link. It will be up shortly. 
  •  You may reread books. Books may count towards other reading challenges. 
  •  Use the hashtag #FunIntheSunRC 
  •  If you could be so kind, please place the Fun In the Sun Reading Challenge banner on your blog to help spread the word. 


    •  Please link back to this blog, post about it on Facebook, Tweet about it, and so on to help spread the word.

    Here is what I am reading:

    2 comments:

    Elephant's Child said...

    I am not a fan of sun. It makes me sad, soggy and grumpy. And is the perfect excuse (not that I need one) to hunker down and read.

    Jacqui said...

    I am always amazed at the variety of reading when people post what they enjoy. Nice Linkie.