Friday, June 15, 2018

Haven't Written Anything New Yet






I'll admit I've been slacking off on writing lately. I'm trying to decide if I want to start writing what may be a sequel to the diary novel. I seem to have some ideas in mind. Earlier this year, I jotted down a dream I had that I'm still trying to decide if I want to write a story based on it.  Just trying to find some inspiration! 




829084

Yesterday, however, I began looking over my memoir for the first time in a while, noticing some typos (typical), and wondering how many more, if any, changes I'll be making to the story. It still seems hard to believe it's been two years since I began the memoir. Which reminds me--I began re-reading Prozac Nation yesterday. Several challenges I'm doing this year have prompts to re-read a book, and I'de been waiting to re-read this one in full, not just glance over different parts. It was the book that inspired me after all. And I read on Twitter this week that Elizabeth Wurtzel is working a sequel to her iconic memoir. She asked if readers would like to read an excerpt of the new book. I, among other users, said yes to the excerpt, and let the author know how I chose to write about my own experience with depression and Prozac after reading her book. I didn't bother saying how at one point I felt telling my story wasn't such a good idea since I felt it was too similar to hers, but was eventually convinced mine is different. I still don't know why I felt that way. But I got over it as you can see.








1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

You may not be writing, but your mind is beavering away behind the scenes. Have fun.