Sunday, June 3, 2018

Writing is Rewriting

I've said that I finished my diary novel, but does when one really ever finish such a thing? I know I'll be rewriting it, however many times I feel I need to do so. When I said I finished it, I meant that I had gotten to the desired ending. 

This graphic says it all.


I have written my first draft. I have not looked over it for  a while, but I'm guessing I'm taking some time ways form the work to come back later with fresh eyes. Even though I have not worked on it for  awhile, I already know some things I can change and add. This was how I worked on the memoir, so I know now to do the same with the diary novel. I have also been thinking of what I can write for another book on the character introduced in my still-not-titled book. I got some suggestions, though and some great feedback from those who have read the story. I should try writing down the ideas for the possible second book, though I know I need to work more on the first one. Now I don't know what to do next! I guess whatever I want to do next. 
  

2 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Hugs congrats on finishing.

Elephant's Child said...

Congratulations on getting it to that stage. And it sounds as if some time just for you would be great. Not working, just doing things (or not doing things) because it is what you want.