Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Deciding on Reading Challenges for 2019

As you can see in last Friday's post, I've already signed up for the AtoZ Challenge for 2019, the only one for the coming year that I have found so far. It seemed a little early, as many of these do not start popping up till November or December, some in October (I posted all mine for 2018 in October 2017). I am now deciding what to host for 2019.









I'm certain I'll bring back the Memoirs one. It had the most signups this year, with 16 participants. Creativity had the second most signups at 14, followed by Epistolary with 11, Humor with 6, and Literary Loners with only 2. I'm now considering retiring that last one, but if anyone else wants to take over hosting, let me know, and you've got it (whoever takes over, I'll be glad to join you). I'm pretty sure I'll be bringing the others back, though.

I missed there being a Mental Illness challenge this year. The one I had been doing was deleted before the year even began, and I could not find anything similar  so I kept tract of Mental Illness reading as part of this challenge. I now want to start a Mental Illness Reading Challenge for next year, because it's a topic that's close to me. That one will be a go. 

Which ones do you want to see come back? Any other topics you would like to see?

9 comments:

Becky said...

I'm just glad I'm not the only one starting to think about 2019 reading challenges :)

Elephant's Child said...

Goodness you will be busy.
Love the idea of a mental illness challenge. We really need to get talking openly and honestly about it out of the closet.

Beverley Baird said...

I've joined a couple of yours - Creativity and memoirs. I am trying the mental health one - but slow on that one.
I keep track for myself - and only sometimes do I report back to the site.
I do a monthly weigh in tho - and quote the books read for which challenges.

Sandra Cox said...

How many books do you read a month, Jamie?

Romance Book Haven said...

Wow, you have an awesome list of books to read!

Mayor Sonni said...

I'd like to take over the Literary Loners challenge.
https://readeropolis.blogspot.com/

Jamie Ghione said...

All right.

Kelly Hashway said...

I spend most of my time reading for clients, so it's tough for me to do reading challenges. Enjoy them for me, too, please. ;)

Heather G. said...

Memoir challenge! I like that. I'd join in on that one. I love listening to memoirs, especially.