Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Poem on Wattpad

I just published my first work on Wattpad. It's a poem that I just now wrote. 

One way I learned to write poetry was to take a line from a poem to create one of your own. I recently looked up poems by Wendell Berry (for party favors at the 60s party we held at work) one of which is called "The Silence."





I got this quote from this blogpost. The author was mindful of copyrights, as am I, and only quoted the poem in parts. The full poem can be read here. 

If you get a chance to read my poem, please let me know what you think.

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Well done.
I liked the second and third verses better than the first. I thought that falling/stroke/held were verbs which argued with each other...

Kelly Hashway said...

I used to love writing poetry. It can be very therapeutic.

Sandra Cox said...

Great job, Jamie! I love it.

Crystal Collier said...

I like that prompt idea. It's been a long time since I indulged in poetry, but I do love it.

Sandra Cox said...

I haven't written poetry in years. It was very cathartic.