Saturday, December 14, 2019

Stocking Stuffers for Writers

I haven't hung a stocking since I was a child, but have memories of all the stuff I would find in it. Books, cassettes, candy, toys, jewelry, lip gloss are just some things I can recall finding. What are some of your favorite stocking stuffers as a child?

If any of you writers out there do, what would you like to receive in your stocking? If I still did this, I would like to receive any of the following:


Sounds like fun.


Would love to have more story cube sets.

See above.



Another idea that sounds fun.






And any book of writing prompts will be good. And much more writing stuff I've encountered on Amazon. This is the kind of stuff I'd like to receive, not just pens, pencils, and notebooks.

 Of course, there is no need to have stockings when all of these can be purchased on Amazon or elsewhere. And since I've gotten used to not having large family gatherings with presents, there is no need to make lists like this anymore. That's one of the things about Christmas when you get older. It seems to be less and less about presents. However, you still have the option of getting these items for yourself, so you could call this a "Virtual Christmas Stocking" or list. But these aren't just for Christmas. 

But if you had to give a present to a writer friend, what would you give? And if you still receive presents, what would you be wishing for?

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

BOOKS are always on my list. To give and to receive.

Jamie Ghione said...

And books too.