Friday, May 8, 2020

Just Can't Wait Too Long for Some Books

Some things I just can't wait long for, and that includes some books. Since no one yet knows when the library will reopen, and some titles have a six-month wait on Overdrive, it can seem like it will be forever before I can get to some titles. So I gave in and ordered some books from Amazon the other day.

I had heard about this book and was eager to read it. According to my library's website, it was checked before the lockdown began. I had to see if they already have it before I can get it from Zip Books, and when I saw that they have it, I looked on Overdrive and put it on hold. But I got tired of waiting so it was one of the titles recently ordered on Amazon. 



I have read a lot by this author. In the months before the lockdown began, I had seen this one at the library and knew I was going to read it, though wasn't aiming to do so until summer. And it too had a six-month wait on Overdrive (I often get the feeling the wait will be longer than that). So I decided to get this one as well.



And here's one I've been waiting to read forever, according to my Goodreads account. It was only available as an audiobook on Overdrive and I can only take some much audiobook listening each month (and this is one that's more than 10 hours long). Since it's an older title, I was able to get it cheap on Amazon.

But I am trying not to be too greedy so I will still get some titles via Zip Books. I have three out now and another on order. This one wasn't on Overdrive and I wasn't too eager to read it, but still wanted to.



And the are some other titles I want to read, and will probably get via Zip Books. Again, I have three books out from Zip, and am wondering how many I will accumulate before the library reopens. And of course no one knows when that will be. 

I do still have some titles on hold and two (covers below) are now on a wait of "about two weeks." As such, I'll gladly wait for them to become available, just to avoid accumulating too many books at home. As long as I've got some already at home, it will be worth the wait.






4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Books are a regular indulgence of mine.
We have been told (fingers crossed) that our libraries will reopen soon. Needless to say I am very happy - and hope that yours can open soon too (safely for both of us).

Sandra said...

Enjoy the reads:)

Laura said...

I have had to buy alot of books from Kindle during the shutdown. I am a regular library patron and hate to spend the money.

Sandra Cox said...

I'm currently working through a fantasy YA. For whatever reason, my reading has slowed way down.