Monday, June 1, 2020

Planting Sunflower Seeds

Early last month, I found something unexpected on a chair on the front porch. It was a pack of sunflower seeds, a bag of potting soil and small plastic pot. There was also a newsletter from Behavioral Health. I did not know that these had been delivered until I saw them on the porch. I then texted my boss and she said that she was the one who brought them over. I had missed her.   

I have to admit, I've never been into gardening and was hesitant about planting the seeds. But finally, about a week after I'd gotten the seeds and soil, I planted them. I used a flower pot we had at home, because I felt the one my boss had left was too small.





The top photo was taken last week and the bottom one this morning. This is how my sunflowers are doing so far. It's been fun to watch the plant grow.  More pictures will come when the flowers grow even more.

BTW, all the clients received a pack of seeds and newsletter.

1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

What a lovely idea.
I hope your sunflowers reach for the sky - and bloom.