It just seems to come faster every year!
I've already been to the Spirit store several times this month. I haven't decided on anything yet, as many of the ideas I like I've already done! But there's till time.
Pumpkin buckets seem hard to find, but I have gotten four so far, three orange ones from Walmart and one blue one from CVS. The bucket from CVS was more expensive, but I just had to have this one. Walmart only had orange buckets and CVS only had blue ones. So far no luck finding used ones at Goodwill. There are some at Walgreens, but they too only have orange ones. I'd like to get some in other colors, if I can find any. The buckets I bought are pictured below:
I was surprised to still see light stakes at Dollar General, but no pumpkin buckets. I expected the light stakes to be gone before the end of summer, that's why I bought them before summer began. This has happened in the past when I've wanted to make this decoration. Here is a video of the instructions. It's short one, and shorts don't seem to allow embedding. I was unable to find the large stakes shown in the video.
3 comments:
Funny that the pumpkin buckets are hard to find. Maybe as the holiday gets closer?
I can completely understand the excitement when the “ber months” start creeping in, because once September arrives it really does feel like the countdown to Halloween and Christmas begins. I love that you already have four pumpkin buckets and are still hunting for different colours, especially that blue one you simply had to buy. There is something oddly satisfying about finding the exact decoration you have been looking for, even when it costs a little more. I also laughed at you buying the light stakes before summer because you already knew they would disappear once everyone else started looking for them. I hope you manage to find some of the larger ones because now I want to see what you create with all those buckets.
Time seems to go faster every month, doesn't it? I wonder why pumpkin buckets are so hard to find. Good luck in your search.
Post a Comment