Wednesday, September 30, 2026

October Eve



 

At least that's what I wanted to do, but a cold has set me back a few days. And trying to find a way to make holes in the pumpkin buckets. Along the ones I got more than a month ago, I have since gotten two more at Goodwill, including a dark blue one (not pictured). I saw and wanted to get a white pumpkin there, but there was no tag so they wouldn't sell it. So I settled for getting another orange one. And I ordered the those pictured below from Amazon. They turned out to be smaller than the other ones, but I didn't mind that. I just wanted the different colors. Since I have 10 light stakes, I wanted to get that many buckets.




I experimented with cutting holes in the buckets with an exacto, but was less than satisfied. I got two done that way, but want to find another way to get the holes done. More on this later.

At first it seemed hard to find the round buckets. It seems those with wide rims are becoming more popular (below):



I am hoping to get it started tomorrow since it is the first.



3 comments:

Liz A. said...

October eve is actually my sister-in-law's birthday, so I'm sure she's not so anxious for October. Sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.

My name is Erika. said...

Just a few more hours to go!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Be sure to tell us how you cut out the rest of the holes!