Saturday, November 19, 2016

LGBTQIA Reading Challenge

The Book Dragon's Lair is hosting this LGBTQIA reading challenge for next year. 



This is a no stress challenge so there aren't any levels, just one guideline and one requirement.

Guideline: Read one book of at least 100 pages.

Requirement: Book should have a main character or significant secondary character that fits one of the LGBTQI or A requirements.

Not sure what I'm talking about? That's okay, I looked it up. I knew the LGBT part - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender. The QIA part I didn't know - Queer, Intersex and Asexual. I thought Q was questioning but I read th
at many people who don't "adhere to sexual and/or gender norms use" Queer in a positive light. Intersex is a general term used for a variety of conditions in which a person is born with a reproductive or sexual anatomy that doesn't seem to fit the typical definitions of female or male. And someone who identifies as Asexual is without sexual feelings or associations.

Here is what I am reading:
  1. Pink--Lili Wilkinson
  2. To All the Boys I've Loved Before--Jenny Han
  3. Are You My Mother?--Alison Bechtel
  4. Openly Bob--Bob Smith
  5. Catch Me--Lisa Gardner
  6. A List of Things That Didn't Kill Me--Jason Schmidt
  7. Soulless--Gail Carrier
  8. Ash--Malinda Lo
  9. When She Woke--Hillary Jordan
  10. Willow Weep for Me--Meri Nana-Ama Danquah
  11. The Rules Do Not Apply--Ariel Levy
  12. I'll Give You the Sun--Jandy Nelson
  13. Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls--Lynn Weingarten
  14. This Is Where It Ends--Marieke Nijkamp
  15. The Secrets of My Life--Caitlyn Jenner
  16. Carry On--Rainbow Rowell
  17. Smoke Screen--Sandra Brown
  18. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda--Becky Albertalli
  19. The Inexplicable Logic of My Life--Benjamin Alire Saenz
  20. Who's That Girl--Blair Thornburgh
  21. Southern Discomfort--Rita Mae Brown
  22. Holding Up the Universe--Jennifer Niven
  23. Everyone's Dead But Us--Mark Richard Zubro
  24. The Importance of Being Earnest--Oscar Wilde
  25. Page by Paige--Laura Lee Gulled
  26. The Nix--Nathan Hill
  27. Drama--Raina Telgemeier
Challenge completed on November 27

No comments: