Friday, September 23, 2022
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
After a nearly weeklong heatwave, I was glad to wake up Saturday morning to a little rain. The birds were chirping out in front of my house. I was glad for this. No further rain since then, but the temperature has been much cooler. Still not quite time to retire the shorts, but that's usually how it is when fall hits in California.
Hoping to see more of this in the weeks to come:
And less of this:
Tuesday, September 6, 2022
The Halloween displays at Goodwill have been up for a few weeks now. There always seems to be something hanging in the racks the employees see as a possible costume, like sequined dresses, medical scrubs, zebra-print pajamas, or striped or flowered pants, among other things. But today I spotted nothing really weird, it had me cracking up.
A Trisha Yearwood concert t-shirt of all things! Just what were the employees thinking? Seems like a pretty boring costume. A Yearwood concert goer? I don't know. Now if they encounter a Garth Brooks shirt in another shipment, they need to be sure to put it along side this one, as long as this shirt remains in the rack.
And one of the three-cornered displays for costumes made up by the employees from clothes and other items looked like this today:
I s this a new take on the "sexy cop" costume? If so, it's really taking it too far! The sexy costumes are already way overdone!
Saturday, September 3, 2022
The new card for September is here.
- Hansel & Gretel--James Marshall (4 squares): Audiobook, Fairy Tale, Angels/Demons, Life Lessons
- Maigret and the Headless Corpse--Georges Simenon (5 squares): E-Book, In a Series, Previously Read Author, Lies/Deception, Disguise
- First Trip--Cheryl Taylor (3 squares): Physical Book, Shelf Love, Not in a Series
- The Hating Game--Sally Thorne (4 squares): Book Club Read, Man on the Cover,
FriendsEnemies to Lovers, Love Triangle or Square
- The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Treasure Hunt--Megan McDonald (3 squares): Pirate, Gold on the Cover, Water on the Cover
- The Switch--Beth O'Leary (2 squares): Free Book, Free Space
- Seasons--Annabelle Lynch (3 squares): Seasons/Weather, Library Book, Nonfiction
- The Last Kids on Earth--Max Brallier (1 square): Undead/Zombies
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Can you believe it? Just going by too fast.
I hope not to see this so soon, since most stores are just barely getting the Halloween stuff out. None yet as far as I have seen. Some stores aren't done getting out the Halloween, but one never knows about holiday items in stores these days.
I certainly won't be thinking about Christmas this weekend. And I won't be going anywhere to avoid the holiday crowds. But also...
Well, it's not quite fall yet, but the above is predicted for the holiday weekend. Actually predicted to be in the 100s. Ouch! The last time it was this hot on Labor Day weekend, the electricity went out in my area. Since I could not turn on the fan, I was really sweating! Just hope the electricity doesn't go out this time if the weather is as hot as predicted.
Sunday, August 28, 2022
Saturday, August 27, 2022
Time for RIP 17. Runs September 1 through October 31. Since 2020, it has been hosted at Twitter and Instagram after being hosted at several different blogs. I will read as many books as I can during that time.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Another one at Beyond the Bookends. This has nine bingo categories.
- Murder Mystery: Maigret and the Headless Corpse--Georges Simenon
- Elderly Main Character: The Switch--Beth O'Leary
- Banned Book: Native Son--Richard Wright