After seeing the idea below on Pinterest, I tried to come up with a way to do it myself. Here is the blog of the artist who made these. It's a rather complicated concept. I know I could not do it the way the artist did, so I had to find my own way to do something similar to this.
It was a rather complicated process how I first attempted this project using my own ideas. I have one three of these since and am working on yet another.
Below is the first attempt. I tried to imitate the clown theme used by the original artist. The clay I sued is a cheap modeling dough I found at Dollar Tree (the same clay used for some of the paintbrush projects in this post). It takes days to harden and can have cracks, something I did not know when I first bought the stuff.
I took pictures at at all four angles of this project. Most of the images on each side were printed from the Internet, some I drew myself. I used wooden blocks, some from Dollar Tree and some I already had a t home (kids blocks from the Goodwill). The bird was made from the clay with printed images pasted on.
It's been months since I did this, but I did not get around to posting them until now. Long story as to why that is. Only now did I decide to share these. Again, the process was a complicated on this one. The others I did a little differently. I plan to show each of the others in separate posts, so as not to have so many photos in one post. The process I did for the subsequent ones was something else entirely. It would take too long to explain it all in this some post. Keep watching for the next ones.