I love matching books to creative themes; like a scavenger hunt at home! Some challenges particularly this year have such finely-tuned criteria; what we can include is narrow. I thought about the kind of mixing & matching I would enjoy and last year, created “Gentle Spectrums”.
I forever appreciate the first members of my trio: “Gentle Spectrums”, “My Kind Of Mystery”,
and “Ethereal”. You have my thanks.
I present broad themes, so a great deal more titles fit. It is also important to me that if we surpass a minimum quantity, those have somewhere to go. For our grande finale, a point system rewards everyone who keeps on reading & reviewing. From the moment you sign-up, all Gentle Spectrums prize activities fromFebruary 2015 to February 2016, are for you! RIEDEL Fascination prizes are for all members internationally. It’s especially nice that your matieral for my categories may belong to any genre under the sun.
I think of you as guests in my parlour. If you are keen on (A) or (B): here we go! :) If you decide on both; your first sign-up suffices. Surprise me with a comment that you’re doing more. Since my games are separate: if a book fits them both, go ahead and use it dually!
- SIGN-UP –
If you blog, please give my reading challenge a post, with no more than 3 others on it. I can’t load bogged-down webpages. I also appreciate that your post gives our group visibility. Input it into the linky near the bottom of this page.
If you aren’t a blogger: use any publicly-viewable forum (not ‘facebook’) that lets you make lists and write. Give our URL, tell people why you’re joining, and type in your progress. Alternatively, use the URL of your Goodreads profile page for the linky further below, or contact me with any questions.
- REVIEW –
A sentence or two to explain your star rating is ample. I complile all of them in my blog’s top menu. Your reviews will be there for future browsers; no efforts wasted when our year concludes. I review at Amazon, Goodreads, and Book Depository.
**** (A) LIMITLESS PALLET ****
I keep finding colour titles. I wished to read whatever I liked; not hold back for a year, because a colour got used. Ask and ye shall receive! For the first time in any circle: choose a colour level! Accepted now: Colourful, colour, bright, light, iridescent, iridescence, dark, shade, hue, spectrum, rainbow, prism.
Books for Part A:
- The Color Purple--Alice Walker
- Down a Dark Hall--Lois Duncan
- The Girl in Blue--P.G. Wodehouse
- The Chocolate Cat Caper--Joanna Carl
- The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop--Lewis Buzbee
- Cat With an Emerald Eye--Carole Nelson Douglas
- Blue Ridge Reunion--Mia Ross
- Pink Ice--Susanna Carr
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond--Elizabeth George Speare
- This Present Darkness--Frank E. Peretti
- Piercing the Darkness--Frank E. Peretti
- Blizzard of the Blue Moon--Mary Pope Osborne
- Cream Puff Murder--Joanne Fluke
- The Silver Kiss--Annette Curtis Klause
- The Devil in the White City--Erik Larson
- Charms and Chocolate Chips--Bailey Cates
- Grey--E.L. James
- The Dark Garden--Eden Bradley
- Blackberry Pie Murder--Joanne Fluke
- All the Light We Cannot See--Anthony Doerr
Part A completed on December 30
**** (B) GENTLE SUBJECTS ****
We are going to revisit some favoured subjects and new ones I created! Broad and easy to fulfill. Please complete 1 each, of these 10 subjects. Keep on adding anything that fits for extra points.
~ (1) STONES ~
Variations of the word, gems, jewellery, ruins, geological formations.
~ (2) CHEERFUL ~
Uplifting, positive messages; conveys pleasant thoughts, images.
~ (3) NATIONS ~Cultures, locations: lakes, towns, even well-known places; fictional included.
~ (4) PLANTS ~
Trees, flowers, lawns, fields, grasses, grains, and gardening paraphernalia.
~ (5) WATER ~
Water bodies, proper names, closely-connected components: taps, sinks, pools.
~ (6) SPACE ~
The sky, its contents, spatial matter, concepts, tools. Star Trek / Star Wars-related.
~ (7) DAUNTING ~
Any title that has you thinking: “Oooo! That does not sound good”!
~ (8) STRUCTURES ~
A building, its rooms, proper names, any of a structure’s parts.
~ (9) TIME ~
Any signifiers of time, like seasons. Any unit-measurers, like watches and calendars.
~ (10) HUMOROUS ~
Odd, or anything that gives you a grin. I’ll accept a ‘pun laid on too thick’ grimace too!
Books for Part B:
- Stones: Cat With an Emerald Eye--Carole Nelson Douglas
- Cheerful: Kira-Kira--Cynthia Kadohata
- Nations: The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul--Deborah Rodriguez
- Plants: Strawberry Girl--Lois Lenski
- Water: Sea Glass--Anita Shreve
- Space: The Martian--Andy Weir
- Daunting: Still Alice--Lisa Genova
- Structures: Down a Dark Hall--Lois Duncan
- Time: Chosen at Nightfall--C.C. Hunter
- Humorous: The Cupcake Queen--Heather Hepler
Part B completed on May 19