Some humor for today.
Sunday, January 22, 2023
Tuesday, January 17, 2023
This is another I want to join, at Instagram. It's only four categories and a bonus one.
- By an Orthodox Jew: My Name is Asher Lev--Chaim Potok
- Jewish iconography on cover:
- Jewish Genre fiction: The Ex Talk--Rachel Lynn Solomon
- Published in 2023:
Another I want to take on. It's a very good and diverse theme to read and explore;
- Published in 2023:
- About a single mom:
- By your favorite black author:
- "Blood" in the title:
- Got from the library:
- Book that will improve your life:
- Historical fiction:
- Written between 2000-2010:
- Cozy mystery:
- By a black man:
- Black and white cover: Bless the Daughter Raised by a Voice in Her Head: Poems--Warsan Shire
- Flower on the cover: Parable of the Talents--Octavia E. Butler
- Graphic novel:
- Written before you were born:
- Non-fiction: White Women--Regina Jackson
- Book featuring sisters:
- Interesting font on the cover:
- Set on an island:
- Queer protagonist:
- Door on the cover:
- Explores the supernatural:
- Features a character being racially profiled:
- Book of poems:
Monday, January 16, 2023
It's something I am trying to do right now. It's been so long since I actually had an idea for a story. Meanwhile, I have begun sending my stories out again. One of them at least. I had about two rejections last year and have yet to hear from this one. I haven't sent out my memoir this year. And since I am still without ideas to write, I can't say when my next "book" will be, or what.
Trying to find blog topics for the new year has been hard as of yet. Even though it's not until April, I am already trying to come up with a topic for the A to Z Blogging this year. The A to Z blog has a new header for this year, but no info as of yet on this year's challenge. If I do it again, this will be my third time doing the A to Z. So far my A to Z blogging themes have been the pandemic in 2021 and Forgotten TV Shows in 2022. Theme are not necessary, but many people choose to have one of the A to Z. Click above to see what the A to Z is about, if you don't already know and haven't seem my previous efforts. I have known about this challenge for years, but was hesitant to try until two years ago. Prior to that, I had seen and commented on other participants' blogs, including one that is no longer up.
I am also deciding how many more challenges to sign up for. I know I already have a lot, but books can cross over. And some I have done in the past do not appear to be happening in 2023, so I am considering branching out to others. I cannot believe the classics one I have been doing for several years is seemingly not happening. A few I've done in the past I chose to skip this year. And I may just try blogging about books.
Friday, January 13, 2023
Yes, it's today. I've never been superstitious about this date, though in my neck of the woods we have been experiencing rain and floods that is expected to continue through next week sometime. It's been hard getting out, so I mainly have being going where I need to be. There was a break from the rain last Friday and yesterday.
Again, I'm not superstitious about this date, but even after nearly three years, I still can't help thinking how many people did not seem to notice that the first week the pandemic was declared (in March 2020) included a Friday the 13th.
As for now I'm trying my best to stay safe during the rain, however long it lasts.
Thursday, January 12, 2023
sa It looked as if this one wasn't going to happen this year, but here it is. It's another favorite so I had to do it.
- Greek myth retelling
- A popular YA series
- Book you ONLY picked for the cover
- Book with a map: Three Sisters, Three Queens--Philippa Gregory
- Audiobook narrated by the author: Bless the Daughter Raised by a Voice in Her Head: Poems--Warsan Shire
- The highest or lowest rated book on your TBR
- A book with a bilingual character
- A cookbook & make a recipe
- Read a poetry collection
- Read a friend’s FAVORITE book
- A book by an author with a pen name
- A book about found family