Monday, April 13, 2009

Two weekdays off from work...

...and what to do? I'm not used to having a weekday off work, let alone two in a row. What could I do? One thing I miss about having weekdays off is trying to get yard work done. After working all week I don't feel up to this sort of work, though I know it must be done eventually! And going to the store is always tough on weekends when half the town is doing the same thing. So I decided this was the perfect time to do some yard work and go to the store, actually to Target to get a phone card, since I need a new one by this Wednesday. I forgot to to then go to Safeway to get milk, but still have enough for tomorrow morning. Looks like a trip to Safeway is on for tomorrow. Most of my day was spent trimming the hedge and pulling out weeds. I'm still not done yet, but I got a lot done today and that's something to be proud of. I didn't get as slothful as I might when weekends are my only time to do such a thing. And every other week, I have to do laundry, so that makes it hard to want to work on the yard. So much work on a weekend gets tiring. I did laundry this past weekend so that leaves this coming weekend open for whatever I decide on.

No comments: