Saturday, October 2, 2010

How I decorated my house for Halloween

These went up last Saturday and Sunday in order to be up for all of October.   The bag spider and pumpkins are stuffed with crumpled newspapers.  In the window are plastic ghosts that can be hung by stuffing the heads. I'd tried that when I first got them, but a few years ago,  I got too lazy for that so I decided to tape them to the windows, which I think works just great, if not better than stuffing and hanging them.  I also have in the window some papier mache ghosts made by placing pasty strips of newspaper over paper bags.  

Notice how I took pictures of the lights hanging in the windows both with and without the camera flash on.  It looks rather spooky without the flash!









2 comments:

Sidney Carter said...

Very cool jack o lantern bags. Where did you find them?

Jamie Ghione said...

The little pumpkin bags I got about five years ago at target. The large one and the spider bag I found last season at a thrift store.