To sign go to Book'd Out. Below are the details copied from the blog:
In it’s third year, the aim of The Eclectic Reader 2014 Challenge is to push you outside your comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2014. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2014
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Post your name, blog name, and the direct link to your challenge post in the Linky using the link below
- Select, read and review a book from each genre listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2014 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- Award Winning
- True Crime (Non Fiction)
- Romantic Comedy
- Alternate History Fiction
- Graphic Novel
- Cosy Mystery Fiction
- Gothic Fiction
- War/Military Fiction
- Medical Thriller Fiction
- Travel (Non Fiction)
- Published in 2014
If you need some ideas for what to read in the above categories I suggest you search Listopia at Goodreads for example click here for a list that includes Alternate History titles
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post. If you tweet use the tag #eclecticreader or @bookdout
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.
Here are my choices for the categories:
1. Award Winning: No Laughter Here--Rita Williams-Garcia
2. True Crime (Non-Fiction): A Stolen Life--Jaycee Dugard
3. Romantic Comedy: He Loves Lucy--Susan Donovan
4. Alternate History Fiction: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court--Mark Twain
5. Graphic Novel: Fullmetal Alchemist (Vol 1-3)--Hirou Arakawa
6. Cozy Mystery Fiction: Blueberry Muffin Murder--Joanne Fluke
7. Gothic Fiction: Awakened--P.C. Cast
8. War/Military Fiction: The Guernsey Literary Potato and Potato Pie Society--Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
9. Anthology: The Early Stories of Louisa May Alcott
10. Medical Thriller/Fiction: The Year of the Intern--Robin Cook
11. Travel (Non-Fiction): Wild--Cheryl Strayed
12. Published in 2014: City of Heavenly Fire--Cassandra Clare