Saturday, November 2, 2013

2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge




Once again, I am signing up for this challenge.  I only expected to finish one or two series, but unexpectedly finished six so far an am going to try to finish one more before the year is over.  I even started a few that I had not even planned on starting.  I'm going for level 3 as I already have two series I plan to start and will probably find one or more others.  I haven't been able to locate the last Sookie Stackhouse book and was planning to start James Patterson's "Women's Murder Club" series, but haven't gotten around to that one.  And I have purchased all the "Shadow Falls" books, so there's two for now.  But I'm sure I'll find more.

To sign up visit this link.

Below are the details copied from Socrates' Book Review:


Welcome to the 2014 edition of Finishing the Series Reading Challenge. I was a failure last year. I was supposed to complete two series, but I only completed one. That's okay, I'll just try again.

This is a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven't finished. I know I'll start a series and read the first book, then get distracted with other books and never get back to the series. Before I know it, the series has 10 books - I get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I want to finish a couple.

Here are the rules guidelines.

1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)

2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

3) The qualification period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time frame to count.

4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge. 

5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading. Or you can join my Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.

IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.

6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.

7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.

8) Choose a level....

Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.



Here are the series I am completing:

Divergent--Veronica Roth:
Divergent completed Feb. 24
Insurgent  completed March 1
Allegiant  completed March 7

The Giver Series--Lois Lowry
The Giver  completed April 16
Gathering Blue  completed April 19
Messenger  completed April 25
Son  completed  April 29

Babylon Cafe--Marsha Mehran
Pomegranate Soup  completed June 17
Rosewater and Soda Bread  completed June 20

Time Quintet--Madeleine L'Engle
A Wrinkle in Time  completed Feb. 27
A Wind in the Door  completed June 14
A Swiftly Tilting Planet  completed June 21
Many Waters  completed July 1
An Acceptable Time  completed July 4

Fallen--Lauren Kate
Fallen  completed July 31
Torment  completed August 3
Passion  completed September 1
Fallen in Love  completed September 1
Rapture  completed September 4

Mortal Instruments--Cassandra Clare
City of Heavenly Fire  completed August 13

Sookie Stackhouse--Charlaine Harris
Dead Ever After completed October 16

English Regency Bride Trilogy--Catherine Coulter
The Sherbrooke Bride  completed November 14
The Hellion Bride  completed November 16
The Heiress Bride completed November 19

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Thanks for joining us again! You did great this year. Hope next year is successful too!