Saturday, November 2, 2013
2014 Finishing the Series Reading Challenge
Once again, I am signing up for this challenge. I only expected to finish one or two series, but unexpectedly finished six so far an am going to try to finish one more before the year is over. I even started a few that I had not even planned on starting. I'm going for level 3 as I already have two series I plan to start and will probably find one or more others. I haven't been able to locate the last Sookie Stackhouse book and was planning to start James Patterson's "Women's Murder Club" series, but haven't gotten around to that one. And I have purchased all the "Shadow Falls" books, so there's two for now. But I'm sure I'll find more.
To sign up visit this link.
Below are the details copied from Socrates' Book Review:
Welcome to the 2014 edition of Finishing the Series Reading Challenge. I was a failure last year. I was supposed to complete two series, but I only completed one. That's okay, I'll just try again.
This is a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven't finished. I know I'll start a series and read the first book, then get distracted with other books and never get back to the series. Before I know it, the series has 10 books - I get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I want to finish a couple.
Here are the rules guidelines.
1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)
2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.
3) The qualification period is January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Books must be read during this time frame to count.
4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge.
5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading. Or you can join my Goodreads group for this challenge by clicking here.
IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.
6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.
7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.
8) Choose a level....
Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.
Here are the series I am completing:
Divergent completed Feb. 24
Insurgent completed March 1
Allegiant completed March 7
The Giver Series--Lois Lowry
The Giver completed April 16
Gathering Blue completed April 19
Messenger completed April 25
Son completed April 29
Babylon Cafe--Marsha Mehran
Pomegranate Soup completed June 17
Rosewater and Soda Bread completed June 20
Time Quintet--Madeleine L'Engle
A Wrinkle in Time completed Feb. 27
A Wind in the Door completed June 14
A Swiftly Tilting Planet completed June 21
Many Waters completed July 1
An Acceptable Time completed July 4
Fallen completed July 31
Torment completed August 3
Passion completed September 1
Fallen in Love completed September 1
Rapture completed September 4
Mortal Instruments--Cassandra Clare
City of Heavenly Fire completed August 13
Sookie Stackhouse--Charlaine Harris
Dead Ever After completed October 16
English Regency Bride Trilogy--Catherine Coulter
The Sherbrooke Bride completed November 14
The Hellion Bride completed November 16
The Heiress Bride completed November 19