Well, I put a poll up asking if folks were interested in giving the Color Coded Challenge another go. I thought I'd run it till the end of the month and then see where we were. But I've got a baker's dozen of interested readers out there already....and I've looked through my TBR stacks and found that I have books for every category, so here we go again. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2014.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title.3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title.5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title.7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title.
8. A book with any other color in the title (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2014 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 30, 2014.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books
My books for this challenge:
BLUE: Blueberry Muffin Murder--Joanne Fluke
RED: Cherry Cheesecake Murder--Joanne Fluke
YELLOW: The Lemon Tree--Luanne Rice
GREEN: Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe--Fannie Flagg
BROWN: Brownies and Broomsticks--Bailey Cates
BLACK: Bitter is the New Black--Jen Lancaster
WHITE: Little White Lies--Gemma Townley
OTHER COLOR: Orange is the New Black-- Piper Kerman
IMPLIES COLOR: The Devil Wears Plaid--Teresa Medeiros