Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Kind Of Mystery 2015!

I decided to do this one too, and since it begins in February, I took my time deciding.  It's also by Riedel Fascination and you can sign up here.  I want to try reading different kinds of mysteries along with the cozies and  I plan to aim for the first level.  
My Kind Of Mystery 2015

Our pioneering year concludes February 28th, with a good crowd that has made me happy.  Every review has contributed to a database in my menu atop this blog.  No effort is wasted and I am excited to look ahead.  I hereby renew “My Kind Of Mystery” in 2015!  See my whole trio.
What sets us apart is any literature related to mystery ~ not solely novels.  If you enjoy true cases, are a student of investigative techniques, if there were an ‘open a detective agency for dummies’, or you like writing tips and biographies of authors:  all of these angles are included.  No matter when you join, count what you’ve read since February 1st.
Age, publication year, format, length:  there are no rules.  Combine your material with my other groups, like “Ethereal“!  :)  There are three other mystery hostesses, to whom I wholeheartedly nod.  We each bring our flair and they supported my fledgling year.  Here’s to a fun 2015!

INTERNATIONAL PRIZES! ~
I love plotting creative ways to award prizes!  Winners our inaugural year enjoyed eclectic goodies:  secondhand paperbacks, Canadian postcards, even plant seeds.  Fun options for everyone internationally.  Your choice each time.  RIEDEL Fascination festivities run every couple of months.
Please either subscribe to this blog, or ask for an e-mail when there’s an activity:  AlyshaeB(at)hotmail(dot)com.  Festivities are voluntary but can only take place if people play.  Rather than struggle to drop off information (via dial-up!);  everyone will know what’s afoot.  Don’t hesitate to guess.  If everyone were stumped by a riddle, I would draw a prize among all who tried!

Full Mystery Levels
Here is what I am reading:
  1. Death and Taxes--Susan Dunlap
  2. Big Little Lies--Liane Moriarty
  3. Candy Apple Dead--Sammi Carter
  4. The Chocolate Cat Caper--Joanna Carl
  5. The Girl on the Train--Paula Hawkins
  6. Maigret and the Loner--Georges Simenon
  7. Just Desserts--G.A. McKevett
  8. A Salty Piece of Land--Jimmy Buffett
  9. Cat With an Emerald Eye--Carole Nelson Douglas
  10. Storm Front--Jim Butcher
  11. Murder Past Due--Miranda James
  12. 1st to Die--James Patterson
  13. 2nd Chance--James Patterson
  14. 3rd Degree--James Patterson
  15. 4th of July--James Patterson
  16. Carrot Cake Murder--Joanne Fluke
  17. Fatal Shadows--Josh Lanyon
  18. Spring Cleaning Murders--Dorothy Cannell
  19. The Oath--Frank E. Peretti
  20. Assault and Pepper--Tamar Myers
  21. Cream Puff Murder--Joanne Fluke
  22. Gossamer Ghost--Laura Childs
  23. The Kitchen Witch--Annette Blair
  24. Bewitched, Bothered And Biscotti--Bailey Cates
  25. Charms and Chocolate Chips--Bailey Cates
  26. Devil's Food Cake Murder--Joanne Fluke
  27. Boy Toy--Michael Craft
  28. Blackberry Pie Murder--Joanne Fluke
  29. The Thirteenth Tale--Diane Satterfield
  30. A Cold-Blooded Business--Dana Stabenow
  31. Inferno--Dan Brown
Calling challenge complete on December 18

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to have my guests in 2/3 groups. We'll see if you find anything spiritual or paranormal. LOL! Truly, this is a nice surprise to find you in "My Kind Of Mystery" this morning, Jamie! All 'cozy ones' count and everything else. You get to try guessing the riddles every few months, or make one up for the group. Sincerely, Carolyn. https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/riedel-challenges-2015/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! You have written a lot of reviews for my groups but none of them are in our review pages. I don’t think you know: they can be found in the menu at the top of the RIEDEL Fascination blog. I e-mailed to tell you after you left a note about doing so well in Gentle Spectrums but am unsure you got it.

I think you’re subscribed to the blog, so you know our first riddle has come out! If you weren’t, you could ask for an e-mail when there are events. I think you also know: repeat the Gentle Spectrums colours and subjects for extra end-of-year prize draw points. Going over 10 isn’t pointless; it’s rewarded. Hoping all is well! https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/how-are-your-reading-journeys/

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! You have written a lot of reviews for my groups but none of them are in our review pages. I don’t think you know: they can be found in the menu at the top of the RIEDEL Fascination blog. I e-mailed to tell you after you left a note about doing so well in Gentle Spectrums but am unsure you got it.

I think you’re subscribed to the blog, so you know our first riddle has come out! If you weren’t, you could ask for an e-mail when there are events. I think you also know: repeat the Gentle Spectrums colours and subjects for extra end-of-year prize draw points. Going over 10 isn’t pointless; it’s rewarded. Hoping all is well! https://cmriedel.wordpress.com/2015/07/14/how-are-your-reading-journeys/