Friday, January 20, 2017

Early to Sleep

That's how I've been this last week. As I said in my last post, recovering from recent illness has made me excessively tired and wanting to go to bed early. I've been listening to my body, climbing into bed with a book, then maybe watching a little TV with the sleep timer on, though I've avoided the TV on most nights. I may try some journaling or creative writing one night.

Early sleeping has aided in my healing process greatly. I had a little trouble getting out of bed this morning (one of my work days), but I made it. Sometimes I want to sleep for 12 hours, but I guess that's not bad on days I don't have to rise early.



Also, it's been raining in my neck to the woods, so the dreary weather has made me tired as well, and has made it hard to get out. Along with excessive fatigue, I have been feeling cabin fever.

Others have assured me that early sleep is good when one is sick. It is true. I've been feeling the benefits.

6 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Sleep heals. It lets the body rest and recover.
Being sick is especially difficult when you have to work.
Hope you are 100% soon, Jamie.

Jamie Ghione said...

Yes, it does. I'm seeing that. I'm getting better each day.

Sandra Cox said...

Glad you are getting better, Jamie.
That's the sweetest picture.
Hope you are sleeping that well.

Stephanie Faris said...

When you're sick the best thing to do is rest, for sure. So sorry you're still feeling under the weather.

Jamie Ghione said...

Thanks, Sandra and Stephanie. I'm getting better, thanks to earlier sleep. I will keep this in mind whenever I get sick like this.

Sandra Cox said...

Hope today is a feeling good day.