Thursday, August 3, 2017

Chapter Break Bingo – August 2017

Here is the new Bingo card for August. I will try to complete as many squares as I can.

MEH: A book you finished but felt MEH about

Here’s a recap for clarity (with specific dates for example):
August 3 – new bingo card available
September 4 – Julie and I will post our August completed bingo cards. You can link up your bingo cards in this post
September 5 – new bingo card available
October 2 – Julie and I will post our September completed bingo cards. You can link up your bingo cards in this post. We will also be posting the August winner of the most squares in this post.

Here is what I am reading:
Eleanor Elephant is Completely Fine--Gail Honeyman (3 squares): Library Book, Loner, Enemies to Lovers

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda--Becky Albertalli (1 square): Siblings/Kids

The Hate U Give--Angie Thomas (2 squares): Free Space, Loyal

Lilly's Big Day and Other Stories--Kevin Henkes: (3 squares): Audiobook,  Meh, Stars on the Cover

Dragon of the Red Dawn--Mary Pope Osborne (2 squares): Science Fiction/Fantasy, Historical

Monday With a Mad Genius--Mary Pope Osborne (2 squares): Special/SuperPowers, Artist

Dark Day in the Deep Sea--Mary Pope Osborne (1 square): In a  Series

Beach Town--Mary Kay Andrews (3 squares): Summer Fling, Road Trip/Travel, Steamy

Interpreter of Maladies--Jhumpa Lahiri (1 square): Packing/Moving

The Big Kitty--Claire Donally (1 square): Set in a City

Cold Pressed Murder--Kelly Lane (2 squares): Free Book, Dessert

Serena--Ron Rash (1 square): Empowered Female

Beach Blondes--Katherine Applegate (2 squares): Swimming, Card/Board Games

Daughter of Smoke and Bone--Laini Taylor (1 square): Piercing/Tattoo

Challenge completed on August 24. 
25 squares completed.



3 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Finishing a book you feel 'meh' about is something I have largely stopping doing. There are so many books which can and do excite me.

Sandra Cox said...

What fun.

I've reached the point, I'm pretty much like EC. I try to give a book a fair chance, but if it doesn't hold my interest I let it go. Everyone has different tastes. And I'm sure that there are folks out there that love books that just don't do it for me.

Julie S said...

Full board covered! Wow way to go! Thanks for doing our challenge :)