Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Writing: A Lot of Work and a Lot of Fun

Writing clipart 5





I have reached 82K-something words on my story and still don't feel satisfied. I'm still finding spelling and other typing errors, but that is to be expected. But I have been told that a book is not easy and I have seen that to be true.  It is a lot of work, but I have been enjoying it. It may not be a full-time job for me, but it has been a lot of work. Editing is the hardest part for me, as each time I look over what I have written, I continue to find errors in spelling or find words left out.  But then, this is all part of the process.

I have just written a new epilogue for my memoir and am now considering taking time off from the working on the memoir to try writing something else. I've already begun another story and the other night I was writing notes for that one. That's as much as I've done on that one lately.  I would like to join one of the writing classes online at community college.  And in the fall is when the advanced memoir writing class is schedule to take place. I definitely want to join that.  And I will look to see if there are any more in-person writing classes as well.

3 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

I'm never satisfied with a draft until it's in the final, print on the page version, so there's that. =) I think editing is a joy, but I also know that's kind of a rare thing among writers. Keep at it, and a whole class focusing on writing? Definitely worth doing.

Sandra Cox said...

Good for you for taking the writing classes, Jamie.
My theory on editing: no matter how many times I edit, I will always find errors. How about that for being positive? Grin.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so glad to hear that you are having fun while working. Very glad.