Friday, November 17, 2017

The 2018 Reading Challenge at Island Reader

I will be doing the Island Reader's Challenge again. 


New year, new reading challenge!
I had so much fun working my way through last year’s challenge that I thought it would only be right to create a new one for 2018.
Yes, it’s November, but I’m trying to be fully prepared for 2018 so my list is ready for consumption.
Like before, we are going to focus more on quality than quantity. There are 14 books on this year’s list and it’s broken up into two main parts again; romance and ‘other’. ‘Other’ as you well know is where I put everything that isn’t romance related on this site, biographies, essays etc. #dontjudgeme
I would love it if you all would join me once again. To participate, simply click HERE to download and print a copy of the challenge.
Make sure you’re signed up for my mailing list. The first person to finish and can show me a copy of the completed challenge will win a $25 Amazon gift card. 🙂
ARE YOU IN?!
*Click HERE for the full list*

My Books:
  1. Old School Romance--Published Before 1990: Summer's End--Danielle Steel
  2. Interracial Romance:  P.S. I Still Love You--Jenny Han
  3. Single-Parent Romance: Her Secret, His Baby--Tanya Michaels
  4. Debut Novel by a Romance Writer: A Time for Us--Christine Holden
  5. Collection of Poetry by an Author of Color: The Other Side--Julia Alvarez
  6. Fiction Novel During the Jazz Age: Jazz--Toni Morrison
  7. Novel by a Caribbean Author: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao--Junot Diaz
  8. A Book You Read Last Year: Openly Bob--Bob Smith
  9. Book by an LGBTQ Author: Running With Scissors--Augusten Burroughs
  10. A Childhood Favorite: Little Women--Louisa May Alcott
  11. Book by an Author Currently Under 25 Years Old: Breakthrough--Jack Andraka
  12. Book Published by an Indie Press: Hot Pink in the City--Medeia Sharif
  13. Political Memoir: Settle For More--Megyn Kelly
  14. A Book Recommended by Your BFF: The Best of Me--Nicholas Sparks
Challenge completed on November 4

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

How many books a month do you read, Jamie?
Enjoy your day.

Unknown said...

I love your list, thanks so much for participating in this year's challenge!
My update is going up later this month and the 2019 challenge will be up soon as well. :) I hope you'll join again.

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie!

You were the first to show me your completed challenge. Email me, you can use the contact form on my site, so we can get you the gift card before the holidays!