2018 Reading Challenge Categories
I was thrilled and flattered by the positive response I received to my post announcing my plans to host a 2018 Reading Challenge! I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported, encouraged, and contributed to my writing and this blog in particular in 2017!
I know everyone is excited to see the categories for our upcoming challenge, so here you go:
- Read a book that takes place in one day: Mrs. Dalloway--Virginia Woolf
- Read a memoir or biography of a musician you like: Rod:The Autobiography--Rod Stewart
- Read a collection of poetry: Selected Poems--Anna Akhmatova
- Read an audio book with multiple narrators: Lincoln in the Bardo--George Saunders
- Read a self published book: Hot Pink in the City--Medeia Sharif
- Read a book you received as a gift: The Best of Me--Nicholas Sparks
- Read a book about a historical event you’re interested in (fiction or non): Night--Elie Wiesel
- Read a book written by an author from the state where you grew up: The Red Pony--John Steinbeck
- Read a book recommended by one of your parents (in-laws count): A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge--Josh Neufeld
- Read a book with your favorite food in the title: Candy: A Century of Panic and Pleasure--Samira Kawash
- Read a book with a child narrator: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas--John Boyne
- Read a book you chose based on the cover: The Ice Queen--Alice Hoffman
Some intriguing selections in your challenge. No parents alive here though.
This does sound like a fun one.
Wishing you a pleasant evening.
Post a Comment