Sunday, August 11, 2019

I Hate to Say It, But...

...I knew this would be happening soon, and in early August. Dollar Tree now has out Halloween displays.





Notice in the right hand corner of this last photo there are school supplies adjacent to the new fall displays, with neighboring walls still looking like this:



The summer stuff at DT is now in cubes like this, near the entrance of the store (sorry for the blurry picture):



And there was this at Rite Aid:




This is as much as I have seen in stores so far. I didn't see any Halloween yet at Walgreens, Target or Kmart, when I was last at each of these stores. If they don't have it right now, they will soon, likely before September begins. Goodwill has yet to put out their displays of cowboy and cop costumes made from clothes sold at the store and the racks containing old baseball uniforms and medical scrubs that they think can be used as costumes. But again, I know it will be here soon, likely before the end of this month. 

I don't yet want to think about Halloween, though I know it's on a Thursday, and we will probably have the party at work the day before. Today I was looking for Halloween crafts for art class, when I haven't even done the one for this month yet (It will be this week, making sun catchers), let alone not knowing what I'll be doing for September. I just can't believe how fast this is all coming! One thing is certain: I don't expect to be buying any of the stuff above just yet. Definitely not in August.

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Once school starts, I'm sure Halloween will pop in the other stores as well:)

Jamie Ghione said...

In my town, the high school starts this Thursday and the elementary and junior high schools next Monday. I can see Halloween going up before then, though.

Elephant's Child said...

Halloween is a much lower key festival here, but still the stores attempt to entice us into a buying frenzy.