Monday, August 26, 2019

A Busy Month





It has definitely been a busy month, with work, events (the picnic at work on the 16th and the class reunion last weekend) and doctors' appointments--still one more of those to come this week. Now this month is almost over and Labor Day is a week away. 

I like activity, but too much of it can be overstimulating for me. After so much activity, I can feel anxiety coming on. But I was still able to have fun. The key is to know how much you can take.

Today is my usual writing class at work, and on Wednesday for art, we are   doing scrapbooking. It actually started last week; the mentor conducting the class decided to have it for two weeks so those doing it would not feel rushed. For mine, I chose some of the things I have written. I am pasting them on a page, with images to go with the work. 

Next month, the writers' lab will be back. I'm excited for that to happen. At the reunion on Saturday, I met a classmate's wife who says she is into writing. I told her what I had been doing and she thinks I should try to get it published. I told her I want to, but am uncertain how to go about the process. I also invited her to come to the writers' lab when it begins again in September. She and I certainly talked for a while, and we barely met. I did meet her at the last class reunion, but that was a decade ago, so I barely remembered. But she seems like a nice person.

Now I have to decide what to work on next. 

2 comments:

Hamdan said...

Labor Day USA 2019

Elephant's Child said...

I hear you on the overstimulation. Look after yourself - and good luck with the medical appointments.