Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight Years Ago

Do you remember what you were doing when you heard about the September 11, 2001 attacks? I have a vague recollection of being in bed and turning on the TV, unable to escape hearing about the attacks.  And I do believe my mother called me asking if I had heard about the attacks.  And of course, I was shocked to hear what had happened that day.

I eventually had to get out of the house and saw that the Dollar Tree store was opening in my town. I filled out the application and was hired.  And I was glad to get this job, having been unemployed for just a little over a week when I was fired from a nearby restaurant. I couldn't stand the new owner who'd taken over a few months earlier and wanted  to get out (Just not that way, of course).   Something good came out of that day for me.

No comments: