Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day

Did anything unusual happen for you on this once-every-four years date?  Nothing much here. Turned out to be a dreary day with rain off and on.   In fact, this extra day has always seemed like just another day, just lengthening the already short month of February, my least favorite month.  And I just felt tired and bored today since I didn't have to work because the delivery was canceled yesterday.  I keep hoping something new will happen and I can leave this job for something new, but enough about that.

I certainly would hate to be born on this date, as I would be confused as to how old I really am.  Yes, I know you really are the age you get when you subtract your birth year from the current year, but your birthday would only occur every four years.  A few celebrities have this birthday, including actor/model Antonio Sabato, Jr. (born on Leap Day in 1972) and rap musician Ja-Rule (born in 1976).  Other notable leap day babies or "leaplings" can be found here.

The big story of today was the death of Davy Jones of the Monkees.  In addition to being a musician he was also an actor, notably appearing as himself on an episode of  "The Brady Bunch," which TV Guide rated #37 among its 100 Greatest Episodes of All-Time in 1997.  He recently appeared in a "SpongeBob SquarePants" episode. RIP.

No comments: