Sunday, November 24, 2019

Trying Not to Think About Christmas...

... and yet I have no clue what to do for Thanksgiving, which is only four days away. Although it has not been a big holiday in my family in recent years. It's been quite different each year. I'll have to see what comes this year.





But even as I am trying not to think too much about Christmas yet, I cannot escape the reminders already in stores. Some stores are already playing Christmas music already. In fact, Kmart has been playing nothing but holiday tunes. 

On a side note, the Kmart in my home town will be closing by next February. Our store has escaped the closing list for several years, but was unable to escape closure any longer. I have been amazed just how long the store lasted. I have been looking for stuff on sale at Kmart before it goes away. Just glad it will be around for the upcoming holiday. 

And Kmart, like most other stores in town, has been sticked with Christmas since before the end of October, perhaps even since September. One just can't escape this.

But even as I try not to get ahead for Christmas, I did already get the idea for art at work in December. The craft I chose for then is a waterless snow globe. I needed to decide how to do it for class. Several different instructions can be found online, but I needed to pick one to use, though I actually came up with a way to make the globes that wasn't in any of the instructions. I needed to experiment at home, so I had to get some Christmas decorations and fake snow to practice with. (More on this craft to come. It will be done the first week of December.)

I have also been trying to avoid Christmas music at home until after this Thursday. If hearing it at the store is inevitable, then the least I can do avoid it in on my own. And I have vowed not to decorate for Christmas until this coming Friday at the earliest. And definitely no shopping this coming Friday, let alone Thursday evening.


1 comment:

Elephant's Child said...

Snap.
I have been trying hard NOT to think about Christmas but the stores and the television are making that difficult.
Looking forward to seeing your snow globes.