Yes, this is happening! I contacted Debz Bookshelf (who hosted this challenge for three years) if it was okay to take it over. I’ve never hosted a reading challenge before, so it’s all new for me and I will try to make it as fun as possible! Here are the details:
- The challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015.
- The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. Here are a couple of books you can pick from:my bookshelf with fairytale retellings and Fairytale lists on Listopia. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn't have to be published in 2015 and re-reads count.
- There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
-Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
-Magic mirror: 5 - 9 books.
-Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
-The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
-Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
-Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.
- Every beginning of the month I will make a link-up post where you put all your reviews in and they will have fun/informative introductions.
- It’s not a promise, but there might be challenges.
- Most important thing: HAVE FUN and spread the word :) Let's tweet with: #fairytaleRC
Here is what I am reading:
- Ruby's Slippers--Leanna Ellis
- Cruel Beauty--Rosamund Hodge
- The Selection--Kiera Cass
- The Elite--Kiera Cass
- The One--Kiera Cass
- Just Ella--Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Frostfire--Amanda Hocking
- Ice Kissed--Amanda Hocking
- Austenland--Shannon Hale
- Dork Diaries: Tales From a Not-So-Happily Ever After--Rachel Renee Russell
- The Heir--Kiera Cass
- Crystal Kingdom--Amanda Hocking
- The Poison Apples--Lily Archer
- The Diamond Slipper--Jane Feather
- Fairy Tales: Traditional stories Retold for Gay Men--Peter Cashoralli
Challenge Completed on October 29