The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. Once again the categories will be more open--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2016.
*Read nine books in the following categories.1. A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc) in the title/on the cover.
2. A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc) in the title/on the cover.3. A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title/on the cover.
4. A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc) in the title/on the cover.5. A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc) in the title/on the cover.
6. A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc) in the title/on the cover.7. A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc) in the title/on the cover.
8. A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magneta, etc.).9. A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
My books for this one:
1. BLUE: Garlic and Sapphires--Ruth Reichl
2. RED: Red Glove--Holly Black3. YELLOW: The Yellow Wall-Paper and Other Writings--Charlotte Perkins Gilman
4. GREEN: Anne of Green Gables--Lucy Maud Montgomery5. BROWN: Brown Girl Dreaming--Jacqueline Woodson
6. BLACK: Black Heart--Holly Black7. WHITE: White Cat--Holly Black
8. OTHER COLOR: Pink Slip--Rita Ciresi9. IMPLIES COLOR: Somewhere in the Darkness--Walter Dean Myers
Challenge completed on June 2