Wednesday, May 18, 2011

10 Years Ago Today

"Shrek" premiered. Just saw this on the IMDB message board for the movie. Yes, it was on this day in 2001 that this hit movie premiered.

I didn't know too much about it before it premiered, but when I saw the large poster at my town's cinema, I knew I wanted to see it. I headed to the cinema the following day to see the film. Obviously this decision was a wise one as it has since been a favorite of mine. I saw it again on VHS in April 2002 and finally got the DVD in 2005 (I got my DVD player for Christmas in 2002). I have seen the sequels and have two of them on DVD (still haven't gotten the last one). It is and always be a fun to movie to watch. Some time this weekend I plan to watch the first one again on DVD for its 10th anniversary. I can still remember walking into the old cinema in my town (we got a new bigger one in 2006 with stadium seating). I always worked on Saturday back in 2001 (at the job I had until that summer), though somehow I was off this particular Saturday. Having decided to see this movie, this was the best time to do it. I immediately loved it.

Yes, hard to believe it's been 10 years. Time has gone just too fast.


No comments: