Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Finished My Rough Draft

OK, I've done all I feel is necessary for my story.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be a memoir. 

So what to do next? I know reading through what I've written is necessary, but I've already started that even before I was done today.  I would do this when I wasn't sure what to write next.  But I just had to get the rough draft done soon, so I would not put it off much longer.

Below are shots of the first page of the prologue and the last page of the epilogue.



3 comments:

Stephanie Faris said...

I always set it aside and come back to it, which often for me means starting something else. Sometimes if you do that, you can come back to it with fresh eyes when you start revising. If you like handwriting, you need one of these things--it converts your handwriting to typewritten text!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B010PKT6C2/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=XNNAWJ4YRBTP&coliid=I34SY92YO68MUV&psc=1

Jamie Ghione said...

Thanks, but it's too expensive for me. I'm hoping to be able to print from my computer again sometime.

Amanda Fleet said...

Let it sit for as long as you can is my advice - work on something else; reward your hard work with a break... you're still too close to it at the moment and if you take a break and come back to it, you'll see it with fresh eyes.
Well done for getting the first draft done!
Amanda (from www.amandafleet.co.uk)