It will start June 1 and run through August 17, 2018. To enter, read seven books from 22 categories. Along the way I’ll have encouraging posts. If you would like to write a guest post, contact me.
What’s in it for you? All who comment on August 17-19th with the names of the books they read will be entered to win one of ten $10 Amazon gift cards.
Sound like fun?!
- A book related to professional development(can be loosely interpreted): Breakthrough--Jack Andraka
- A book related to history: Girl With a Pearl Earring--Tracy Chevalier
- A book placed in a country I’m not familiar with OR about a country I’m not familiar with: Carmilla--J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- A young adult (YA) book: Incantation--Alice Hoffman
- A book recommended by a friend: The Truth About Forever--Sarah Dessen
- A graphic novel: Disney Manga: Tangled--Shiori Kanaki
- A book you’ve been meaning to read: Crazy Rich Asians--Kevin Kwan
- A book published more than 100 years ago: Mary Barton--Eizabeth Gaskell
- A book recommended by a teenager: Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List--Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
- A biography: The Brontes--Rebecca Fraser
- A play: Pygmalion--Bernard Shaw
- A memoir: The Temporary Bride--Jennifer Klinec
- A book by someone you might not spiritually agree with:
- A book that won an award (Newbery): Sarah, Plain and Tall--Patricia MacLachlan
- A book you read years ago and have meant to reread: Prozac Nation--Elizabeth Wurtzel
- A book that has been translated into English: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao--Junot Diaz
- A book that is more than 700 pages (counts for two books!): The Brothers Karamazov--Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- A mystery: Knit One, Kill Two--Maggie Sefton
- A book related to a skill (like cooking, writing, photography, or web-design): Concerning the Spiritual in Art--Wasilly Kadinsky
- A book by an author you know: Piper Morgan Joins the Circus--Stephanie Faris
- Fiction (if you tend to read non-fiction) or Non-fiction (if you tend to read fiction): Sliding Into Home--Kendra Wilkinson
- Penalty: subtract one book from total. (You potentially could lose two book points if you select a long one):
An interesting challenge. I suspect you could nail 21 by reading a blogger's books - and Sandra Cox has a new one out. As do several other writing bloggers.
Post a Comment