Friday, June 26, 2020

Halfway Through the Year and...


Yes, I would love for that to be true.

Some of you may not believe it's already summer, and I can say I have been feeling that way. It's been like one long vacation since mid-March. And now the calendar is just days away from switching to July. Sad that the 4th occurs on a Saturday in the time of the pandemic. And it's not the only holiday occuring on Saturday this year.



That is true. This also includes a Friday the 13th in November. And the lockdown began just after Friday the 13th in March. And Halloween is on a Saturday this year. This would, under normal circumstances, be great for kids trick-or-treating, but I now wonder if any will be out there this year. Probably no parties this year, like the one I went to last year ☹️ Was looking forward to that again. I also just read that Spirit likely won't be opening its annual temporary stores this year. I guess we should have see that coming. Too bad; it could have opened in the local empty Kmart building.

And now I'm not sure about decorating the porch for Halloween this year or even dressing. Around August, Halloween stuff starts turning up in stores, making me excited. But this year I'm not so sure. No parties or potlucks at work this year. We were hoping to have another themed party this summer, but that will not be. Like everyone else, we're hoping to be able to do this next year. 

And I won't get started on the presidential election, also occuring in November, 10 days before Friday the 13th.

2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

It has been a horror of year hasn't it? And I shudder to contemplate what might be in store (and hope I am wrong).

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

Yep, my fam has been working from home since March making summer feel weird. We aren't taking a vacation to visit family since the states they all live in had a spike in cases. The biggest summer thing we have done has been to take the kiddos for ice cream cones and that was a drive thru experience. So bizarre.