Thursday, July 28, 2022

Bird Assemblages--Part 3




After a few days' delay, I present the next bird assemblage I did. This was done for a project at work. I was unable to get photos of the others done, from extra birdhouses we had on hand. 

For the base on this one, I once again used a wooden box with a drawer from Dollar Tree that was in the art supply room at work for the bottom block. I also used some stuff I brought from home, including a foam dice block for the middle block and a small baby shower block for the top art. Once again, I used the striped straws to hold the bird and also to decorate around the edges of each block. Holding he start for the bird is half of some foam Easter eggs. I got those to see how they would wok instead of the dough used previously.  Each side of the blocks was covered by decorative paper, magazine clippings and beads from the center. I also brought the bird from home, a sliver-glitter decorated one made of foam. It was easy to insert the straw into this one. 

I let others have the extra foam dice and baby shower block as well as one the remaining red bird and white bird and the egg halves. I still have the other white one myself and some of the foam dice and baby shower block, so I have decided to make one more of these things to use that stuff up. So far, I have only pasted magazine pages on the sides of the blocks and am not yet sure what to put on them.  



2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Creative and fun.

Sandra Cox said...

Love it. Enjoy your weekend.