Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Finishing the Series Reading Challenge 2013





I decided to host this challenge again, even though I made no headway at all last year with it. LOL Still, I love series books and I really need to catch up. I hope some of you will join in with me. Here's the info...

It's a challenge for all those series books you started at some point and haven't finished. I know I'll start a series and read the first book, then get distracted with other books and never get back to the series. Before I know it, the series has 10 books - I get overwhelmed and don't go back to it. Now, I want to finish a couple.

Here are the rules guidelines.

1) All books that are part of a continuing series qualify (i.e. Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, James Patterson's Alex Cross, etc. etc.)

2) It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 10 books in a series to complete it, it qualifies (i.e. if you only need to read one more Sookie Stackhouse book to complete the goal, that's fine) The goal is to complete a series from wherever you are up to until the last published book.

3) The qualification period is January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Books must be read during this time frame to count.

4) Take the button above and post about it. Use the Mr. Linky below to sign up and make sure you link it directly to your post about this challenge. (Note: I'm not going to be using the Finishing the Series Blog I created last year. I'm going to keep everything here.)

5) If you don't have a blog, that's fine. Just leave a comment to sign up and tell us what you are reading.

IF YOU WANT TO LINK UP YOUR REVIEWS OR, FOR THOSE WITHOUT A BLOG, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW.

6) Any format of book counts - audio, ebook, etc.

7) You should choose the series you want to finish before the challenge begins, but it isn't necessary. It's fine to change series during the year - as long as you complete whichever series it is.

8) Choose a level....

Level 1 - Complete 1 series.
Level 2 - Complete 2 series.
Level 3 - Complete 3 or more series.

I'm going to try for Level 1. This is my first time doing any reading  challenges, and am having a hard time locating some books necessary to finish a series.  I've started a few that I want to finish, and some that are still not complete as of yet.  I have not decided which one, and if I can I will try to complete more of them.  

To sign up, go to this link.


******EDITED FOR WRAP-UP on 12/11/13*******

Here are the series that I completed this year.  Some I'd started before the beginning of the year, others I unexpectedly started.

Elm Creek Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Matched by Ally Condie
Stefan's Diaries by L.J. Smith
Vampire Diaries: Hunters Series by L.J Smith
Infernal Devices By Cassandra Clare
Immortals by Alyson Noel
Millenium by Stieg Larsson
If I Stay by Gayle Forman

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Welcome to the challenge. Have fun!