Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Still Hearing Christmas Music

It's been two days since Christmas ended.  I was looking forward to going to work on Monday with no more Christmas music playing over the intercom.  No such luck, the Christmas music is still playing, although intermittently, as it was before Thanksgiving.  But now that Christmas is over, it makes no sense to still be playing the stuff.  I'll admit I still have my tree and lights up, but I've heard enough Christmas music already.  And I'm not sure when I'll be putting my Christmas stuff away, but likely it will be by then end of this week.  But I cannot stand hearing anymore music as stores are starting to display Valentines stuff. At left is a quick shot of boxed valentines spotted today at Kmart.  And nowhere else I've been the last two days has been playing Christmas music after the fact.  At least I did not hear any as I went through Kmart and later Target and Safeway today.  Discounted Christmas merchandise is still in the stores of course, but that is to be expected.  And my store has inventory next week, so we will be keeping out the Christmas stuff for a while.

I won't be working for the rest of this week, because there will be more more shipments until after inventory, but I'm hoping the Christmas music will be gone entirely by next week.  A lot of the Christmas songs have been stuck in my head, something I didn't expect to be happening during the two days after Christmas. Enough already!

No comments: